A mommy makeover is a set of procedures designed to restore and invigorate a woman after her body has undergone the strain of childbearing. Pregnancy, delivery, and breastfeeding can create different problems for each woman; therefore, the mommy makeover will be unique for each patient. According to Dr. George Solomon, it could include procedures like a breast lift, liposuction or a tummy tuck.
Anti-aging doesn’t mean letting go of the benefits of maturity and a fruitful life. Becoming a mother changes the shape of a woman’s body after her baby is born. There are three factors that may prompt a woman to seek a mommy makeover:
- The hormonal changes that occur immediately upon pregnancy signal some parts mother’s body to shift and the breasts to engorge in preparation for breastfeeding.
- Secondly, the generalized weight gain in order to support fetal development.
- Shifting and stretching of the skin
- Skin on the face, legs, and other areas can develop discolorations.
How the Procedure Works
A mommy makeover is a composite of procedures including post-maternity breast and body contouring meant to treat a number of concerns.
- Tummy Tuck: The abdomen is perhaps the most obvious location where a change occurs during pregnancy. Mothers of big babies or multiples are especially subject to weight gain and shifts in abdominal shape. Weight can be lost, but the shape of the abdomen can’t always be returned to its previous condition without surgery. Deep-seated fat and excess tissue can be removed, muscles tightened, and extra skin trimmed during a tummy tuck. Learn more+
- Body Contouring: More new mothers are seeking different kinds of body contouring for restoring their bodies’ beauty after their baby is born, some of which include hip and buttock sculpting, including the use of fat transfer. There are many options available! Learn more+
- Liposuction: As people age, their body shape changes in a variety of ways. Countless men and women suffer from unsightly fat around the stomach, waist, and love-handles. Many of Dr. Solomon’s patients say they exercise and try to eat healthy but have areas that are resistant to their efforts to lose. These individuals are the perfect candidates for liposuction. Learn more+
- Breast Augmentation and/or Breast Lift: The breasts of a new mother sometimes droop or sag and can lose volume after the initial swelling brought on by breastfeeding. You might be left with prematurely aged-looking breasts, and a mommy makeover frequently employs both augmentations and lift procedures to address. We cannot only rejuvenate breasts but return them to a previous cup size or a new cup size entirely. Learn more+
- Botox® Cosmetic and Facial Fillers: The ups and downs of new motherhood are likely to cause wrinkles from not only smiling and laughter but worry and stress. Botox® Cosmetic or other facial fillers such as Juverderm® or Restylane® can smooth your face and give you a refreshed, rested look. Learn more+
The mommy makeover can give you the “lift” you need. Contact Dr. George Solomon to learn more about aesthetic procedures that can make you look and feel younger. Dr. Solomon attracts patients from all over Florida including Tampa, Miami, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Palm Harbor, and Largo.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of any treatment may vary.