Ultrasonic Cavitation is An Option to Get Rid of Unwanted Fat
Many men and women want to get rid of unwanted fat that tends to accumulate in the abdomen, buttocks, muffin top, and saddle bag areas but are not quite ready for liposuction. These areas are really difficult to trim down, even with exercise and good eating habits. If this sounds like you, then you may be a good candidate for ultrasonic cavitation at Solomon Cosmetic Center in Tampa, FL. George Solomon, M.D. is an expert, board-certified professional who can provide a variety of options for aesthetic treatment.
Ultrasonic cavitation is the wave of the future and is often referred to as non-surgical liposuction. Treatment is absolutely painless during and after as the procedure permanently dissolves fat using ultrasonic sound waves instead of scalpels, suction, freezing or laser treatments. Ultrasonic cavitation is the process of disrupting subcutaneous fat cells with radio waves. The fat cells are slowly dissolved and turned into a liquid which is metabolized by the body, or eliminated in the urine.
Six sessions are generally required to see real changes, with 10-12 sessions not being uncommon for full body sculpting. The fat takes around 72 hours to make its way out of your body after each treatment. We recommend weekly sessions for best results. After 5 or 6 treatments you should see maximum results, tightened skin that is more toned in the areas treated by ultrasonic cavitation.
Candidates for Treatment
- Individuals with light to moderate fat under the arms, stubborn back fat, abdominal fat, love handles, inner and outer thighs and buttocks.
- This procedure is not ideal for those patients who are extremely overweight but helpful for those with pockets of fat in various areas of the body.
- It is generally recommended that diabetics, those with cardiovascular illnesses, those who have a pacemaker and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding wait, avoid or get carefully evaluated before having the procedure done.
- It is not recommended for individuals engaged in radiation or chemotherapy, or people with metal stents or shunts.
- This procedure cannot be used in any areas above the breast nor with patients using anticoagulants.
About the Procedure
The procedure consists of ultrasonic waves that penetrate the body in specific areas, especially in fatty areas. The radio frequency is used to heat up tissue below the skin with a special mechanism that does not go above 40 degrees. The fat is “cavitated” or turned from a solid into a liquid. The liquid is absorbed into the bloodstream and filtered out by the kidneys, then excreted in the urine.
Aftercare and Recovery
Ultrasonic cavitation is painless and no anesthetic is required. Patients can go back to normal activities immediately. Most clients experience circumference reduction even after a single treatment, but further treatments are required for even more dramatic fat thickness and circumference reduction.
- No bruising
- Destroys only the fatty tissues
- No downtime
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
Dr. Solomon is considered one of the best cosmetic surgeons in the area of Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, FL. He treats each patient with dignity and respect while helping him or her to achieve wonderful results. If you have unwanted deposits of unwanted fat, Call to schedule a consultation at Solomon Cosmetic Center in Palm Harbor, FL.