About the Mommy Makeover
A Mommy Makeover is a set of procedures designed to restore and invigorate a woman after her body has undergone the strain of childbearing. Pregnancy, delivery, and breastfeeding can create different problems for each woman; therefore, the mommy makeover will be unique for each patient. According to Dr. George Solomon, it could include procedures like a breast lift, breast augmentation, liposuction or a tummy tuck.
Having children is one of the best gifts in life. Becoming a mother can be a wonderful and profound experience—and it can also profoundly change your body. When you give your body over to the important task of creating and nurturing life, it’s normal to experience changes. If you find yourself looking in the mirror after pregnancy and childbirth and feeling uncomfortable with what you see, it may be time to talk to an experienced plastic surgeon, like Dr. George Solomon, about a mommy makeover.
Becoming a mother changes the shape of a woman’s body after her baby is born. There are three factors that may prompt a woman to seek a mommy makeover:
- The hormonal changes that occur immediately upon pregnancy signal some parts mother’s body to shift and the breasts to engorge in preparation for breastfeeding.
- Secondly, the generalized weight gain in order to support fetal development.
- Shifting and stretching of the skin
- Skin on the face, legs, and other areas can develop discolorations.
Is A Mommy Makeover Right for You?
When you are considering plastic surgery after becoming a mother, it is important to plan. The best candidates for mommy makeover surgery are healthy, active individuals who have finished breastfeeding. While a mommy makeover will not impact your ability to have children in the future, another pregnancy can impact your results, so ideal candidates for a mommy makeover are finished having children.
How the Procedure Works
A mommy makeover is a composite of procedures including post-maternity breast and body contouring meant to treat a number of concerns.
- Tummy Tuck: The abdomen is perhaps the most obvious location where a change occurs during pregnancy. Mothers of big babies or multiples are especially subject to weight gain and shifts in abdominal shape. Weight can be lost, but the shape of the abdomen can’t always be returned to its previous condition without surgery. Deep-seated fat and excess tissue can be removed, muscles tightened, and extra skin trimmed during a tummy tuck. Learn more+
- Body Contouring: More new mothers are seeking different kinds of body contouring for restoring their bodies’ beauty after their baby is born, some of which include hip and buttock sculpting, including the use of fat transfer. There are many options available! Learn more+
- Liposuction: As people age, their body shape changes in a variety of ways. Countless men and women suffer from unsightly fat around the stomach, waist, and love-handles. Many of Dr. Solomon’s patients say they exercise and try to eat healthy but have areas that are resistant to their efforts to lose. These individuals are the perfect candidates for liposuction. Learn more+
- Breast Augmentation and/or Breast Lift: The breasts of a new mother sometimes droop or sag and can lose volume after the initial swelling brought on by breastfeeding. You might be left with prematurely aged-looking breasts, and a mommy makeover frequently employs both augmentations and lift procedures to address. We cannot only rejuvenate breasts but return them to a previous cup size or a new cup size entirely. Learn more+
- Botox® Cosmetic and Facial Fillers: The ups and downs of new motherhood are likely to cause wrinkles from not only smiling and laughter but worry and stress. Botox® Cosmetic or other facial fillers such as Juverderm® or Restylane® can smooth your face and give you a refreshed, rested look. Learn more+
Before the procedure, patients should do their best to be as healthy as possible. Patients should be close to their target weight, eating healthy, and should limit their alcohol consumption and stop smoking well in advance.
After the Procedure
The surgical team at Solomon Cosmetic Center in Palm Harbor, FL will provide specific instructions on how to take care of yourself after you return home, and when you can return to certain activities. You may be given pain medication, surgical drains, and bandages to protect the surgical sites. Please follow all instructions as they can help you recover more quickly with the best possible results. It’s also advisable to have someone with you during the first 24 hours after the procedure to assist you with whatever you may need. It’s also important to arrange for someone to support you if you have children or babies around the house. During the first week after the procedure, it is important to limit yourself from demanding or strenuous activities.
After the procedure, improvements are going to be immediately visible, but it will take some time for the post-operative swelling to heal and for your final results to be obvious.
A few weeks after your procedures you can look forward to:
- Fitting into clothes you didn’t think you would again
- Enjoying your new look
- Having increased self-esteem
- Enjoying increased energy
- Feeling rejuvenated
Here at Solomon Cosmetic Center in Tampa Florida, we know that every mother is different and every experience unique. Every mommy makeover plan is customized to best meet your needs. Our staff strives to be supportive and guide you through each step of the process. During your consultation, we will help you learn more about your options and discuss which procedures may be the right fit for you—and we’ll help you stay informed and feeling confident throughout.
The mommy makeover can give you the “lift” you need. Contact Dr. George Solomon to learn more about aesthetic procedures that can make you look and feel younger. Dr. Solomon attracts patients from all over Florida including Tampa, Miami, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Palm Harbor, and Largo.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of any treatment may vary.
Dr. Solomon offers virtual consultations as an alternative to the traditional in-office consultation.