The Brachioplasty – Arm Lift removes upper arm skin folds which are not only unsightly but also interfere with one’s ability to fit in sleeved tops. The condition causes underarm skin rash and irritation. Candidates for arm lift surgery are often embarrassed by their large and “jiggley” arms which they can’t hide! George Solomon at Solomon Cosmetic Center is a body-contouring expert who can give you the slim arms you have always wanted.
Brachioplasty (arm lift) is a body-contouring procedure which removes excess deposits of fat and skin from the upper arms. After years of obesity, stretching of skin causes loss of skin elasticity; therefore, no amount of diet or exercise can restore firmness and tone to the upper arms. Another group of arm-lift candidates is those who, as a result of aging and chronic tanning, have developed upper arm flabbiness.
Candidates for a Brachioplasty – Arm Lift
- Self-conscious about how arms look
- Nonsmoker in good overall health
- Has some skin elasticity remaining
About the Procedure
Before you undergo an arm lift, you will have a consultation with Dr. George Solomon. During the consultation, he will review your medical history, perform a physical exam and talk about your expectations. He will ask about any medications you are taking and may recommend that you avoid certain medications immediately preceding surgery.
Arm lift procedures are performed to remove excess skin and fat deposits from the arms, reducing a flabby appearance and leaving patients with thinner, more youthful-looking arms. Under general anesthesia, the procedure generally takes aproximatly two hours to perform.
- An incision is created in the armpit, which hides the resulting scar. Dr. Solomon may need to create a more extensive incision running along the inside of the arm, from elbow to armpit, for the removal of a more extensive fat deposit and/or excess skin.
- Next, the removal of excess skin and fatty tissue deposits. Most arm lift procedures use traditional surgical methods. However, liposuction surgery can also be used if large areas of excess fat are targeted for removal.
- After the removal of excess tissue, the remaining fat is sculpted and the incision is closed with sutures.
Aftercare and Recovery
As a result of a Brachioplasty – arm lift, loose skin and fat will be removed and can leaving your arms looking more toned and attractive. For many patients, results are long lasting as long as they maintain a stable weight. An arm lift surgery can make you feel more confident. And with the recovery time typically lasting less than a week for most patients, you can go back to work and continue normal activities.
During the recovery period, the patient wears a compression garment to reduce swelling and provide support for the tissues of the arm. To help the recovery process, keep the arm elevated and avoid heavy lifting for at least a few weeks after surgery. Patients can experience soreness, tenderness, tightness, bruising, swelling, and redness as their arms heal.
Make a life changing decision with an arm lift. Contact Dr. George Solomon today to learn more about our aesthetic procedures that can make you look and feel younger. Dr. Solomon attracts patients come from all over Florida including Tampa, Miami, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Palm Harbor, and Largo.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.