As the founder of the Tampa Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, Solomon Cosmetic Center, Dr. George Solomon specializes in a variety of liposuction procedures. While many people have an idea that the procedures consist of helping those who are inordinately obese, there are plenty of sculpting procedures that are tailored to contouring impressive physiques that are already beautiful. In fact, the ideal candidate for liposuction is already healthy and takes care of his/her own body through diet and exercise.
At Solomon Cosmetic Center, we offer a wide variety of liposuction services for clients who want to remove unwanted fat pockets from the abdomen, inner knees, and chest. Dr. Solomon has been providing quality liposuction services to the Tampa and Clearwater community for years and takes pride in his long list of satisfied clientele. Liposuction, or lipoplasty, is a procedure that aims to slim and reshape specific places on the body. The aesthetic procedure works by removing excessive fat deposits and improves the contours and proportion of a body. Many people experience an increase in confidence after a procedure and wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Solomon’s team to others in the community.
View Before and After Photographs
Candidates for Liposuction
As people age, their body shape changes in a variety of ways. Countless men and women suffer from unsightly fat around the stomach, waist, and love-handles. Many of Dr. Solomon’s patients say they exercise and try to eat healthily but have areas that are resistant to their efforts to lose. These individuals are the perfect candidates for liposuction.
- Physically fit men or women that eat well-balanced meals.
- Individuals that are unable to reduce fatty deposits that are well-localized and often seem to involve genetic susceptibility.
- Patients that are not using the procedure for weight loss.
- At or near their target weight.
- Is not taking medications that may increase risks.
- Has realistic expectations for results.
Types of Liposuction
- Tumescent Liposuction: refers to a liposuction technique in which local anesthesia is used for the large amounts of fat that are to be removed. This technique keeps patients from having to be put to sleep with general anesthesia and minimizes blood loss.
- Suction-Assisted Liposuction: is a relatively safe procedure and is the standard used across the cosmetic surgery field. The process relies on laser-guided cannula that is inserted through a minor incision in the target area. The straw uses suction, and fat molecules are removed from the body. Often, lasers are used in conjunction with this approach to liquefy the fat.
- Power-Assisted Liposuction: is different because our team relies on a specialized cannula that features mechanized movements. In this situation, Dr. Solomon only makes a few movements, so the entire procedure is relatively short and highly effective. Power-assisted liposuction is ideal for healthy candidates and is often used to sculpt the abdominal area.
- Ultrasound Liposuction: uses ultrasonic energy that is applied from outside the body. The energy waves enter the skin, and the procedure is marked by a lack of blood loss. In addition, many doctors notice necrosis after other methods, our use of ultrasound liposuction ensures patents quickly recover with fewer complications.
- Laser Liposuction: is a specialized form of surgery that is highly effective. Many times, fat deposits are resistant. Heating the molecules under the skin with a high-powered laser liquifies individual molecules, and makes it easier for Dr. Solomon to remove unwanted weight in minimal time. The laser also enters the skin at the same time as the cannula and reduces the need for unsightly incisions and the associated complications. Sometimes called smart lipo, laser liposuction works best on patients who want to sculpt an impressive abdomen and highlight what diet and exercise have already achieved.
Aftercare and Recovery
After liposuction, most patients are generally alert and able to function without nausea, grogginess, and the washed out feeling associated with general anesthesia. In fact, patients are encouraged to walk and drink hydrating fluids to prevent dehydration immediately after surgery to enhance the healing process. Although you will not be laid up for a significant period of time, it is important to remember that you cannot simply resume your life immediately after liposuction.
During the first week, you can engage in short, non-strenuous walks and you may return to non-strenuous work within a day or two after your procedure. Stabilizing your tissues in a special garment increases your comfort and ability to get around.Your tissues will be more comfortable after liposuction when they are not jiggling around. At the end of your first two weeks of recovery, Dr. Solomon will evaluate your recovery. You will likely be able to stop wearing the compression garment after the first week. In addition, you can begin returning gradually to your normal exercise routine. At your follow-up, we will talk about your routine and advise you when you can return to each activity.
Cost of Liposuction
The cost of liposuction starts at $999.00 per area – prospective clients should be aware that larger fat deposits usually take longer to remove. By law, a surgeon can only remove 5 liters in one session. Extra sessions cost more money. During an initial consultation, our team discusses the patient’s goals to reach a comprehensive approach that ensures total satisfaction. Most liposuction costs are ultra-affordable, and a single sitting is often all that is required for people who are close to their suggested body weight and physically active.
Liposuction is s very effective way to get rid of fat. Contact Dr. George Solomon today to learn more about our aesthetic procedures that can make you look and feel younger. Dr. Solomon attracts patients from all over Florida including Tampa, Miami, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Palm Harbor, and Largo.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of any treatment may vary.